[arin-ppml] An article of interest to the community....

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Thu Sep 1 14:25:57 EDT 2011

On 01-Sep-11 10:32, Kevin Kargel wrote:
> I have not looked this up, so forgive me if my memory is faulty, but isn't there a grace period in the event of a section 12 review where the user has "X" amount of time to appeal and/or prove they are using the address space?
>
> Wouldn't this grace period be sufficient protection for a "sale"?

NRPM 12.6 guarantees at least six months to renumber after the review is
complete, except in cases of fraud or violation of policy.  While the
wording could probably be better, as I didn't anticipate the STLS, the
intent was that those who merely had insufficient utilization would
qualify for the "grace period".

One could also read 12.4 as allowing ARIN to use its "reasonable
judgment" to ignore resources with a bona fide listing in the STLS when
doing a review.

> I find it hard to believe that ARIN would review and summarily revoke a registration without some due process that would give the user time to work things out.

That concern was one of the motivations behind NRPM 12.