[arin-ppml] Transfers by non-legacy address holders and perceived risk of reclamation

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Sep 1 13:38:36 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 9:44 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> Possibly.  Another option would be to explicitly change NRPM 12
> (or the RSA) to preclude reclamation for utilization in general,
> if one accepts that the combination of overall demand for number
> resources plus a functional market will result in underutilized
> resources being put to better use.

John,

If we want ARIN to enforce efficient utilization then that includes
audits and revocation.

If we don't, then we're really asking ARIN to just be a recorder of
deeds. Which is fine, IF we want to reclassify IPv4 addresses as
property.

No good can come from trying to have it both ways.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004