[arin-ppml] Fee structures for ARIN

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 17:33:00 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 12:51 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2011, at 4:54 PM, Jeff Wheeler wrote:
> Could other folks interested in ARIN improving its IRR services
> (or not investing here) please speak up?   At the recent ARIN
> meeting, we heard advocates of those who want ARIN to do more
> with IRR, but also from those who believe that there's already

I would like to see ARIN coordinating with other RIRs to standardize
IRR services.    It doesn't make sense to me that each  RIR should develop
its own IRR infrastructure from scratch  out of their own pocket.

There ideally ought to be community involvement in the development of IRR
services, specifically...

Software developed to provide IRR  services ought to be the joint work of
the RIRs running IRRs and the community, and costs shared across regions
rather than ARIN just paying a million$$ or so  for a couple of folks to work
on ARIN's IRR frontend.

That is, I would see the technical characteristics of all the IRRs
being standardized,
how they work, the software utilized to provide IRR service, the user
interfaces,
web forms, and user APIs utilized to acess the service and update records,
the structure of records,  the schema indicating how records are recorded in a
database, etc.

--
-JH