[arin-ppml] Fee structures for ARIN

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Oct 28 12:13:19 EDT 2011

On 10/28/2011 10:50 AM, John Curran wrote:

> ARIN's full budget is approx $15M annually; feel free to propose
> a fee structure that you believe is appropriate.

16mil - 2mil (rough $500 membership fee)

Just based on 37 /8's (ignoring the 39), that's $5.77 per /24

I'm guessing LRSA isn't in the 37 assigned, so if we discounted them
except for membership fee, a member with a /16 of IPv4 would come out to
$1477.12 + $500 membership fee. In general, though, I'd just set a
special set price for legacy usage, and if their IPv6 hits a mark,
switch them to IPv6 per /48 pricing.

If you want to run set pricing, and not some dynamic pricing scheme, I'd
be happy if you just adjusted IPv6, as people like to see a set price,
not one that changes:

Small	 /32
Medium   /28
Large    /24
X-Large  /20 or /16
XX-Large  /12 or larger

This would seem to more closely match current IPv6 pricing to IPv4
pricing with current allocation policies.

Jack