[arin-ppml] LRSA v3.0 . MWE revised 8-16-11 (Comment)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Oct 28 05:44:01 EDT 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Can I continue to opt out of these additional services and not have my fees increased, please.

That is also a possibility, although this may have unintended site effects.

For example, the ready availability of additional services may have a very real
impact on their potential for Internet-wide success.  An incremental fee can
be a significant hurdle to deployment, and this has implications for the entire
community.  For example, we decided to absorb the costs of DNSSEC for
resource holders under contract into the existing ARIN cost structure without
any additional fees, as having a separate fee could easily prevent some in the
community from deploying this important technology.  We presently face the
same concern with respect to resource certification, hence the consideration
of including these services in a similar matter for all resource holders.

Input on fees and potential fee structures is definitely welcome from the
community, either on this mailing list or the ARIN members arin-discuss
mailing list.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran