[arin-ppml] LRSA v3.0 . MWE revised 8-16-11 (Comment)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Oct 27 22:46:35 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:06 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2011, at 1:13 AM, William Herrin wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Mr. James W. Laferriere
>> <babydr at baby-dragons.com> wrote:
>>> 4. FEES; PAYMENTS
>>> (b) Applicable Fees, Legacy Holder shall be required to pay ARIN the
>>> currently applicable "Annual Legacy Maintenance Fee" as described in this
>>> Section 4(b). The Annual Legacy Maintenance Fee pursuant to this Legacy
>>> Agreement shall initially be $300 per year until January 1, 2013. [...]
>>> (i) the Annual Legacy Maintenance Fee cannot exceed the annual
>>> maintenance fee charged to comparable non-legacy holders for the maintenance
>>> service as set forth in the Standard Fee Schedule for comparable number
>>> resources,
>>
>> I'm a little confused. The legacy maintenance fee is $300/year but for
>> end users not more than the end user maintenance fee (currently
>> $100/year)?
>>
>> Which governs? Or is an increase in the end-user fee anticipated?
>
> A legacy fee increase is anticipated in conjunction with the new
> LRSA.  We've been discussing simultaneously trying to lower the
> registration fees for those under RSA to match for organizations
> with similar address holdings.
>
> At present, those with resources under RSA pay significantly more
> than those under LRSA.  We've lowered fees for those under RSA
> several times, but there's no way we can responsibly get everyone
> to a $100/year registration services fee base.  Those currently
> under earlier LRSA's cannot have their fees increased more than
> $25/year, so we likely would move them slowly up to match as well.
> This is all based on my best estimate; as fees are set by the
> ARIN Board, this outlook is subject to change.
>
> Hope this helps,

Hi John,

One of us isn't understanding the other. I'm not sure which.

1. Under the ARIN fee schedule, a non-legacy end-user under RSA pays a
$100 annual maintenance fee.

2. Under the LRSA draft a legacy end user pays a $300 annual maintenance fee.

3. Under the LRSA draft an end user pays no more than the non-legacy
end user holding the same resources.

All three statements can not be true at the same time; it's a logical
contradiction. So, which one is falsified by the others?

Thanks,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004