[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Last Call

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 22:25:32 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 16:39, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
> I want to thank Bill and Owen for so vigorously, debating the issues
> surrounding 2011-1.
>
> However, I believe the AC still needs feedback, one way or the other, from a
> much larger segment of the community.  That is where the rest of you come
> in.  This is an important issue.  Please just don't sit back and watch.
>  Please let the AC know your opinion, even if it only is to agree with an
> opinion already expressed.

I will (essentially) repeat my previous opinion.  I am not entirely comfortable
with the entire transfer market, nor any of the wordings of 2011-1, recognize
that any transfer policy may be able to be gamed or abused, but I believe that
this is one of those pragmatic IPv4 policies that we should pass.

Gary