[arin-ppml] 2011-1 dissent Was: Re: ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Last Call

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Oct 21 09:35:58 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:42 AM, David Farmer <farmer at umn.edu> wrote:
> once you scratch the surface and start looking at how
> such a policy will work from a practical point of view things get ugly very
> fast and it no longer looks as fair as it did on the surface.

David,

I make the same claim about the text on the table. We could argue for
days whether overall it's more or less fair than making a registrant
meet both RIR's policies, but at the end of the argument the truth
remains that the text on the table is not fair to would-be ARIN-region
recipients.

Would it be unreasonable to suggest that any unavoidable unfairness in
this, ARIN's process, be weighted in favor of ARIN's registrants
rather than against them?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004