[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Last Call

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:04:07 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Scott Leibrand <scottleibrand at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> It's unfortunate that we spend so much time controlling
> >> and so little time working on good policy that makes sense.
> >
> > I would agree that time spent arguing about whether process was followed
> > doesn't get us toward better policy.
> > Do you have any more suggestions for how to improve 2011-1?
>
> Yes, I suggest that the AC reverse the last call state and bring this
> to a public meeting of ARIN.
>
> At best, section one of the "pdp" has been thrown out with the bath
> water with respect to the at least four versions presented to the
> community. A concept is not a policy and I don't dispute that we agree
> on the concept of allowing interRIR transfers.

Understood.  After the last call is completed, that is one possible action
that the AC could take.

But I was hoping you (and anyone else with ideas) could provide actual
constructive feedback on how the text could be improved.  If such
suggestions are being provided here on list, we can discuss whether they are
potential improvements we should incorporate.  If not, the choice is between
moving forward or delaying.  I'm not sure how delaying another 6 months
helps.

-Scott