[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Last Call

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:37:30 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's unfortunate that we spend so much time controlling
> and so little time working on good policy that makes sense.

I would agree that time spent arguing about whether process was followed
doesn't get us toward better policy.

Do you have any more suggestions for how to improve 2011-1?  I know you've
made a number of suggestions already (thanks), some of which are
incorporated in the current text, but it sounds like you may have others as
well.

> Right now, transition is failing as a result of ARIN over-controlling
> policy that
> is related to v4 transfer.

I see 2011-1 as one of several steps currently in last call towards removing
unnecessary restrictions from policy.  Do you feel that 2011-1 is a step in
the right direction?  Should we be doing more to liberalize policy for
inter-regional transfers?  Is there anything about the current 2011-1 text
you would change?

-Scott