[arin-ppml] Downstreams, needs less than /24 and PI availability

Kevin Kargel kkargel at polartel.com
Fri Oct 7 14:25:09 EDT 2011

[kjk] Then you need to become a provider or find a different business model.
I think you will find that if you offer your provider enough money you are
going to get the PA space you need, and yes - as time goes on that PA space
is going to get more expensive.  Thank all the good folks that fought for
the IP market.

This is what ISP's do..  they provide Internet Services to customers.  ISP's
provide different services at different rates.  If you need a basic dynamic
IP address with generic DNS you pay $x .  If you need a static IP address
with custom DNS you pay $x+y .  If you need a contiguous block of IP
addresses with custom DNS you pay $x+y^2 .  (OK, that was a little
facetious)

So long as there are Internet Service Providers providing internet services
you will be able to get what you want, it is all a question of whether you
are willing to pay the going rate.

In any case ARIN is not the appropriate venue for accomplishing what you are
requesting.  As I said before you should be working with the FCC and the FTC
if you want to guarantee a particular service will be available to you as a
consumer.  I might add the Public Service Commission (PSC) to that list,
perhaps even the head of the list.

[/kjk]