[arin-ppml] ARIN Multiple Discrete Networks Policy

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Mon Oct 3 11:28:28 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 07:44:26AM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Nope... I'm saying that criteria equates to NEED in the policy and in
> the policy intent.
>
> You're saying that it does not. That's where I agree with John and
> where you and I appear to disagree.

Do you or do you not believe that meeting the criteria established by
the policy as an example of a compelling reason equates to
justification for using the policy?

> Apparently not since you just reinterpreted it differently than I did.
>
> However, I will submit a proposal to correct this discrepancy. Thank
> you for bringing the issue to my attention.

I'm not sure how that's possible, considering:

1) I suggested a definition of discrete network based on the applicants
requirement to implement unique routing policies.

2) John said that this isn't the definition at all, and that his
definition also adds "and that you can't possibly work around it any
other way, such as with deaggregation".

3) You then proposed a policy to change the definition of a discrete
network to exactly what I said in 1).