[arin-ppml] Petition draft 2011-1 last call

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Nov 8 13:24:12 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2011, at 8:19 AM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

>>>  I specifically said "an earlier version", not the immediately
>>> prior version.  This addresses the potential situation where
>>> may not be adequate opportunity to petition changes made
>>> by the AC immediately prior to the Public Policy Meeting.
>>
>> Which previous version of draft 2011-1 do you believe contains
>> language for which staff's criticism is not valid?
>
> The page for Draft Policy 2011-1 <https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2011_1.html>
>contains links to all prior texts and assessments.

John,

Yes, I'm aware. Is there a particular draft in that list which you
believe does not suffer from, as the staff evaluation of the 9/22
version put it, "policy language [that] is unclear, vague, and is wide
open for interpretation?"

See, from where I'm sitting the notion that I can just petition
another of the 2011-1's several drafts is sounding real disingenuous.
But if you think I should take another look one of the drafts, I will.

I don't ask you to find something in the PDP that isn't there, but if
the honest answer is, "Sorry, the community has no direct recourse for
this AC action under the PDP," I'd prefer that you state it plainly.
That might allow the discussion to move from acknowledging that
there's a problem to how the problem might be fixed.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004