[arin-ppml] Petition draft 2011-1 last call

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:18:53 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:00 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2011, at 8:19 AM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

>>>  I specifically said "an earlier version", not the immediately
>>> prior version.  This addresses the potential situation where
>>> may not be adequate opportunity to petition changes made
>>> by the AC immediately prior to the Public Policy Meeting.
>>
>> John,
>>
>> Which previous version of draft 2011-1 do you believe contains
>> language for which staff's criticism is not valid?
>
> The page for Draft Policy 2011-1 <https://www.arin.net/policy/proposals/2011_1.html> contains links to all prior texts and assessments.
>
>> Or do I misunderstand? Do you propose that 2011-1 should have been petitioned at the prior petition point when the sloppy language was
>> first accepted onto the AC's docket even though the AC is supposed to
>> address such errors in that discussion and development phase making
>> such a petition premature?
>
> I am not proposing that any petition should be made, only noting that petitioning to an earlier version is a reasonable and prudent mechanism which does not appear to conflict with the PDP petition process.

I don't see any language that requires this. Emphasis added.

"Any member of the community, including a proposal originator, may
initiate a Discussion Petition if they are *dissatisfied with the
action taken by the Advisory Council regarding any specific policy
proposal*. If successful, this petition will change the policy
proposal to a draft policy which will be published for discussion and
review by the community on the PPML and at an upcoming public policy
meeting. "

It doesn't appear to say anything about specific text. Reference?

Best,

-M<