[arin-ppml] Petition draft 2011-1 last call

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Nov 8 06:00:33 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:41 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>  Please indicate which Advisory Council action you are petitioning
>  so that the petition process may be initiated.

John,

The petition contains not the slightest ambiguity as to what's being
petitioned and you well know it. Either the PDP provides the community
via petition with the same suite of actions available to the AC or it
does not. If it does not then the AC is empowered and encouraged to
engage in corrupt practices by bringing vague or otherwise faulty text
to the meeting which neutralizes the subsequent petition process when
they rewrite it.

You asked for feedback about what's wrong with the PDP. From top to
bottom I think it's structured to encourage AC misadventure. Consider
this an opportunity to see that in action.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004