[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-153 Correct erroneous syntax in NRPM 8.3

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sun May 29 10:52:54 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 9:53 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:31 AM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
>> ARIN-prop-153 Correct erroneous syntax in NRPM 8.3
>>
> The original intent was to minimize disaggregation. The language was
> never intended to prevent multiple whole blocks from being
> transferred. It got butchered by more than a single "and."

Allow me to rephrase for clarity: the original intent was to prevent
30,000 disaggregate /24's from being split out of somebody's /8,
whether to one recipient or many. It was not intended to prevent
30,000 complete ARIN registrations from being transferred from one
registrant to another. Expressing that in terms of binding policy
turns out to be hard.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004