[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri May 20 01:24:47 EDT 2011

On 5/19/2011 10:12 PM, Jimmy Hess wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Matthew Kaufman<matthew at matthew.at>  wrote:
>> On 5/19/2011 6:18 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> What makes you think that $MEGA_TELCO and $MEGA_CABLECO haven't already
>> written up the needs justification that shows they need pretty much all
>> space that will ever come on-market?
> "All the space that will ever be released"
> won't come out as a single aggregate.

Doesn't matter, neither did all the space Nortel released to Microsoft.

> Per the 8.3 single aggregate requirement; the addresses received must
> be the exact  maximal amount the receiver can justify, as a single aggregate.

Yes. ARIN interprets "as a single aggregate" as modifying "amount the
receiver can justify", not "the addresses received". We've been through
this already. And I have a policy proposal pending that removes it
anyway, as the workaround just adds extra paperwork for everyone even if
it is interpreted the other way.

Matthew Kaufman