[arin-ppml] Draft Proposal 2011-1 - Comments request - Globally Coordinated Transfer Policy

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri May 13 14:59:11 EDT 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 11:12 AM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> And just because you keep saying that it's not true doesn't mean that
> it's not. There's ample evidence supporting my claim including
> activity at the ICANN ASO AC and NRO NC to deprecate it. That kinda
> sorta speaks pretty loudly. There has also been plenty of discussion
> here with most agreeing that it's "outdated". Please, feel free to
> demonstrate that it's relevant in some way.

I've heard of discussions to deprecate it, as well as discussions to
revise or replace it.  I do believe much more important to focus on
determine which values in RFC 2050 (some, none, or all) are still
valuable to the community, as opposed to having a reference to the
RFC 2050 itself.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO