[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Fri May 13 14:38:36 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On May 13, 2011, at 10:55 AM, "Jeffrey Lyon" <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:

>>> Jeffrey -
>>>
>>> Please report specifics on the number resource fraud reporting page.
>>>
>>> I cannot guaruantee that we will be able to take action, but we will research and that does lead to reclaimation actions.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> /John
>>>
>>> John Curran
>>> President and CEO
>>> ARIN
>>
>> John,
>>
>> You and I have spoken about this before and your fraud investigation
>> was already completed. The one org in question still has the 3 x /18
>> so presumably they managed to convince ARIN that they're hosting 49k IP enabled pet rocks.
>
> As you are aware, we do not judge whether a party is violating any ISP's terms of service, such issues should be reported to the appropriate Internet service provider.
>
> Thanks!
> /John
>
> John Curran
> President and CEO
> ARIN

John,

I don't think they're doing anything that would violate any TOS. They
are, however, wasting IP space by allowing a single dedicated server
customer to purchase /24 and shorter for reasons including SEO and IRC
virtual hosts. If this is ARIN's intent, so be it. Otherwise,
understand that they're lying to you in your fraud investigation. If
that's not important to you, again, so be it.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net