[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Fri May 13 13:51:45 EDT 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On May 13, 2011, at 10:32 AM, "Jeffrey Lyon" <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
>
>> They're not absurd at all, there are companies doing this right now.
>> There is one small company using 3 x /18, mostly for blackhat SEO and
>> IRC virtual hosts.
>
> Jeffrey -
>
> Please report specifics on the number resource fraud reporting page.
>
> I cannot guaruantee that we will be able to take action, but we will research and that does lead to reclaimation actions.
>
> Thanks!
> /John
>
> John Curran
> President and CEO
> ARIN

John,

You and I have spoken about this before and your fraud investigation
was already completed. The one org in question still has the 3 x /18
so presumably they managed to convince ARIN that they're hosting 49k
IP enabled pet rocks.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net