[arin-ppml] Draft Proposal 2011-1 - Comments request - Globally Coordinated Transfer Policy

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri May 13 13:30:01 EDT 2011

>> 2. If objections exist, to succinctly identify what they are..and,
>
> The references to RFC 2050 which in the last 6 months has enjoyed
> almost universal agreement that it's not relevant; it was written in
> 1996 in a time and place that is far different than today, it was a
> Best *Current* Practice (emphasis added) "BCP".

Just because you keep saying this doesn't make it true. I have only
heard a small handful of people argue that RFC 2050 is not relevant.
The vast majority of the community seems to still believe that it is.

> Finally, how is this proposal being coordinated globally?

I believe the beauty of this particular proposal is that it does not
need to be. It spells out a way in which other RIRs can pass
compatible policies which would allow ARIN to approve
such transfers.

Owen