[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-150 Reclamation Hold

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri May 13 13:03:34 EDT 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 8:35 AM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

> On 5/13/2011 7:48 AM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
>>
>>> I am opposed to this.  36 months is far too long IMO for a "quarantine"
>
> Right now the period is "none, or whatever staff thinks is good". What time period would you suggest? (Once we have consensus around the time, I'll submit a revision to the proposal)

Not correct - It is presently set at six months (since the last community consultation -
<https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/community_consult/10-5-2009_resource_revocation.html>)
and there is internal discussion of putting out a consultation to lower it to 3 months.

It would be good to get input as to whether different periods are desirable
for returned (voluntarily by registrant), revoked (for non-payment) and
reclaimed (due to fraud, misappropriation, or business dissolution)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO