[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Fri May 13 00:37:58 EDT 2011

On 5/12/11 23:11 CDT, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> On 5/12/2011 5:22 PM, David Farmer wrote:
>> competitive disparity created by IPv4 run-out. Additionally ARIN added
>> officer attestations, to ensure organizational accountability for
>> requests, I believe this will strongly suppress the tendency for ARIN to
>> have a run-out curve like APNIC had during the first 4 months of 2011.
>>

> APNIC has higher population and less market penetration. It is in a
> very high rate of growth scenario. Arin has lower population and higher
> penetration. This alone puts it in a much lower rate of growth scenario.
>
> Ted

Yes, that is true.  However that does not explain what happened, their
own relative rate spiked significantly.  See slide 4 of Geoff's APNIC
Update presentation from San Juan, and make your own conclusions.

https://www.arin.net/participate/meetings/reports/ARIN_XXVII/PDF/Monday/huston_apnic_update.pdf

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952