[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Wed May 11 22:55:09 EDT 2011

Hi John,

>> By transfers, I mean that company A sells their right to use addresses,
>> and Company B buys them and uses them.
>> I know that would not be a definition of transfer that you would use, as
>> you seem to apply only the definition of a whois update to a transfer.
>> That's what I mean by a disconnect with reality, and a penalty to whois
>> accuracy.

>Actually, whois is remarkably accurate in such cases. It shows the resource
>holder as defined by policies of this community.

Just not the resource holder who is actually using the addresses.
If that constitutes whois accuracy, then I guess those APNIC stewards are
very confused.

Thanks for the info on the 8.2 transfers and the increase in their number as
the value of addresses begins to be realized.
And the correct reclamations for undocumented claims of merger.
If they are undocumented, they are hijacked addresses, to my mind.

Regards,
Mike