[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed May 11 22:45:17 EDT 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> I'm simply unsure of what exclusive right to use the judge was referring to. To me, it
> appears to be largely a legal fiction from the word go.

If you consider that only a single party can "use" those specific number
resources in the ARIN Whois database, it might help in considering the
language.  (I believe that it would be extremely ambitious to attempt to
consider "exclusive use" in the Order to apply to the configuration of
any devices in the global Internet... :-)

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO