[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Blake Dunlap ikiris at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:05:12 EDT 2011

While I think Mike has valid points about the effects of monetization of ip
addresses as a whole providing companies with an abundance of IP space a
sense of value that would greatly increase availability of transfers, I do
not prescribe to his lazzie fair fantasy of how the internet, and the world
in general would operate under no rules free market.

I also oppose as written, but I do see a justification for opening up the
transfer market more than it is now. We're going to have to suck it up and
deal with both the deaggregation and monetization of IPv4 at some point,
might as well get it over with.

-Blake