[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Wed May 11 15:13:52 EDT 2011

Hi Owen and McTim,

I, along with the APNIC community, could make the claim that you are
abandoning the stewardship role in maintaining Whois accuracy, and
sacrificing that stewardship role on the altar of an ARIN needs policy
developed for the purposes of  free pool allocations that does not comply
with current legal realities.

But charges of abandoning stewardship are inflammatory, and I hope we can
keep to actual discussions of the implications of my proposal without
casting aspersions.

Let's agree that we all seek the highest standards of stewardship, but
disagree on how those standards should be applied.

I think I could characterize your opposition better by saying that you
believe the danger of hoarding and speculation outweigh the risk to whois
accuracy.
Would that be an accurate statement, if not your exclusive objection to the
proposal?

Regards,
Mike