[arin-ppml] Draft Proposal for Needs-Free IPv4 Transfers

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue May 10 11:40:35 EDT 2011

On May 10, 2011, at 8:16 AM, Mike Burns wrote:

> Thanks John, is there any expected timeframe for a revised LRSA?

Anticipated to be 30 to 60 days

> If by transfer you mean that somebody else is actually using addresses which they have purchased from the original registrant, and ARIN has not updated whois, well those transfers have occurred, and if the costs of acquiring ARIN's approval are higher than the cost of ignoring ARIN,  whois will continue to degrade as these transactions continue.

The transfers occur when ARIN approves them and updates the registry.

>> The utilization review is a good example: it is definitely non-operative
>> language due to other phrasing in the LRSA, so there is a great question
>> as to whether it is worth retaining in the LRSA (and to some extent, the
>> same question applies to the RSA as policies for transfers for unneeded
>> are now operative)
>
> It makes no sense to have non-operative language cluttering up an agreement unless it serves some other purpose.
> But I don't understand your parenthetical, is there a typo?

After refreshing the LRSA, we might want to next compare it to the existing
RSA to see if there are similar changes that can be made in order to keep
the two documents as closely aligned as possible.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN