[arin-ppml] ARIN-PPML Digest, Vol 71, Issue 104

Rudolph Daniel rudi.daniel at gmail.com
Tue May 10 02:12:55 EDT 2011

My opinion is: Legacy holders can keep what they have until doomsday, and
where  these holders decide to transfer in any way method shape or form,
they are subject to RSA. I feel that it does not seem fair on the part of
the rest of the community that legacy holders legitimize (not sure that's
the correct word) their holding with the use of a special instrument (LRSA)
and at the same time retain the ability to profit from that which is
technically not property/....I suspect they were given these resources in
the spirit of R&D at the time.

rd

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> > RSA, I could support it. I do not support granting LRSA to transfer
> > recipients. The LRSA provides special benefits that are intended to
>
> I agree.    The  LRSA is an agreement between ARIN and a legacy resource
> holder.
> A transfer recipient is not a legacy resource holder;  a transfer
> recipient is a new
> resource holder.
>
> Also,  there is no reason ARIN should adopt a more lax policy in
> anticipation
> that a resource holder will ignore their obligations in attempting to make
> 'undocumented' transfers not allowed by policy.
>
> Legitimizing non-needs-based transfers would encourage them.
> It is questionable whether black market transfers would even be
> attempted, otherwise, by any legacy holders with significant number
> resources assigned to their network.
>
> > Owen
> --
> -JH
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 23:36:56 -0500
> From: Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com>
> To: Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at>
> Cc: arin-ppml at arin.net
> Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] transfer conditions
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at>
> wrote:
> > On May 9, 2011, at 3:49 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> > All of the versions of the LRSA, and all of the modifications of "The
> RSA" are "an RSA"
> >> I wouldn't like it, but obviously ARIN does not like forcing the
> recieving party to sign an RSA,
> > No, they're fine with "an RSA", just not "The RSA and Only The RSA"
> > Matthew Kaufman
>
> When I say and see "RSA" in the 8.3 transfer policy; I take that to mean
> the unmodified, standard RSA signed  for new allocations by ARIN.
> And "LRSA" to be the special modified RSA  for legacy holders.
>
> Do you suggest ARIN staff have taken a liberty to not implement it in
> that manner?
>
> I expect transfer recipients to be required to sign the RSA equivalent to
> the standard RSA signed by receivers of new allocations.
>
> That is, a RSA that does not provide the transfer recipient any benefits,
> more rights,  provide any fewer restrictions on the transfer recipient,
> than
> the new allocation RSA,  and does not restrict ARIN or cause ARIN to
> surrender
> any rights not surrendered when the allocation recipient enteres into
> a standard RSA.
>
> --
> -JH
>

> ------------------------------

> [...]