[arin-ppml] transfer conditions

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sun May 8 13:48:49 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:

> Why don't we just start by disallowing all transfers smaller than, say, /19... and then adjusting that downward (in block size... upward in mask length) as the market shows that it can't function with the simultaneous combination of needs-justification-requirements and minimum-block/aggregate-sizes?

Why don't we start by disallowing all transfers smaller than the
minimum allocation size for the block?

And  use  /22  as the minimum allocation size for any legacy block of
which  /16s were assigned'
/20 as the minimum allocation size for any legacy block of size /8  or
shorter were assigned?

ARIN allocates prefixes longer than /19,  so  /19  restriction seems a bit much

--
-JH