[arin-ppml] transfer conditions

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Sun May 8 00:02:27 EDT 2011

On May 7, 2011, at 5:40 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Sat, May 7, 2011 at 9:25 AM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>> If the goal is prevent excessive deaggregation, perhaps a simpler
>> constraint could be easier to enforce and still provide much of
>> the benefit?
>
> Something like... Under NRPM 8, ARIN shall not accept a transfer request:
>
> a. for an IPv4 CIDR address registration containing fewer than 256 addresses.
> b. which would transfer two or more disaggregate pieces of a single,
> larger aggregate IPv4 address registration

Do you mean:

"...which would transfer two or more disaggregate pieces of a single larger aggregate as a single transfer" (which could be worked around by doing multiple serial transfers)

"...which would transfer two or more disaggregate pieces of a single larger aggregate from one party to another" (which fixes the above loophole, but which means that I can't sell you one /24 now and a /23 in 6 months when you can show need for that because of your growth)

or something else?

Matthew Kaufman

ps. I assume that we all understand that *all* address blocks (save 0.0.0.0/0) are pieces of a single larger aggregate, and you don't mean to prohibit a transfer of one /22 and another /22 that are all the seller holds, even these are not adjacent, to the same buyer