[arin-ppml] Serious question for the list.

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Thu May 5 14:02:19 EDT 2011

It seems to me that the decision about needs analysis for transfers may have
some large non-technical components, like one's view of the role of markets
in allocating scarce resources.
Yes, there are issues of deaggregation, which are too technical for the
layman.
Yes, there is a danger of overburdening the policy development system, not
something anyone would want.
But do we want a technical elite making decisions that are not really
technical, like the value of unrestricted versus restricted markets?
Are we inside an ivory tower?

Regards,
Mike