[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-146 Clarify Justified Need for Transfers

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed May 4 16:12:12 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 10:42 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:

<snip>

> Again, I was making an analogy. (And you don't know my 7 year old.) But there's definitely companies that have been launched just this year that, if successful, will need more IPv4 space than they have now in order to get through the transition... likewise, there are numerous companies that are going to find that selling off their space is a better business plan than continuing to slowly fail because their idea wasn't as popular. Friendster's space goes to the next Facebook, as it were.

Exactly.

However allowing Friendster to flog their space to the next FB without
ascertaining if this new entity really has the need for it isn't
exactly fair to the dozens of other "next FBs" being conceived of now.
.

The notion that resource allocation should be based solely on wealth
is not a value I am trying to instill in MY 7 yr old!

--
Cheers,

McTim