[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-146 Clarify Justified Need for, Transfers

Ray Hunter v6ops at globis.net
Wed May 4 02:42:11 EDT 2011

> I'm not sure what you're asking.
>
> The people this policy change protects currently have no IPv4 space (as
> if they did they'd be processed under the policy which does have the
> 12-month exemption), but will need to acquire some after ARIN runout. I
> have yet to see a single person who appears like they might fall into
> that category post on the list this week.
>
> Matthew Kaufman

My company's current IPv4 space consists of 1 fixed /32 PA space outside
the ARIN space. Not  a lot I know, but enough for a single NAT4 gateway
and to be able to provide some inbound services too (mail, web, ssh,
admin system etc,)

The people I provide consultancy for are similarly mostly outside of ARIN.

One day I or one my customers might (who can predict the future) start
offering IPv6 migration services in the US (since the US seems to be
lagging in this respect it could turn out to be good business.) Then
we'd probably need some space for an IPv6  NAT64 DNS64 to IPv4 gateway.

The reason I'm reading this list is that ARIN's policy for the last few
IPv4 blocks will also almost certainly have a direct knock on effect for
me and my customers in Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific.

I'm very grateful that the arin-ppml list is open to all.

I'm sure there are a lot more lurkers too.

Does that count?

regards,
RayH