[arin-ppml] NRPN 8.2 & 2.3

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Mon May 2 21:13:20 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>> Owen,
>>
>> Would you be in support of an open exchange if there were basic controls in place to lockout speculators?
>>
> Perhaps. I would need to feel that the controls were sufficiently adequate to prevent
> speculation and certain other potential forms of abuse and I would feel that there
> would have to be a preservation of the principles of stewardship including that
> resources not be received by those without justified need.
>
> Owen

Owen,

I'm envisioning a compromise where these principles could be mostly
maintained, while eliminating a lot of scrutiny that normally
accompanies a resource request. For instance, we could give the buyer
the option of justifying the space and paying a nominal fee (say
$100/yr flat for all resources) or holding space without justification
and paying substantially higher fees that would effectively negate any
benefit of more than very short term speculation?

Just brainstorming..

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net