[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer asagreed with ARIN

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Mon May 2 19:24:54 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>>> For LRSA signatories it already is $100/year.
>>>
>>> Owen
>>>

>> It would be nice if everyone qualified for that rate.
>>
>> --
>> Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
>> jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net
>> Black Lotus Communications - AS32421
>> First and Leading in DDoS Protection Solutions
>
> ISPs get a greater level of service from ARIN and their annual fees include
> voting membership in the organization. (An additional $500/year for end user
> organizations that want membership).
>
> Owen

Yes, indeed. I have few legitimate complaints about ARIN, just noting
that it would be a nice perk if ARIN were funded predominately from
market making of loosely regulated transfers and less so from annual
renewal fees. In fact, the entire IPv4 issue could be solved by
ramping up pricing on ISP allocations but that is not a position I
would support for a number of fairly obvious reasons.