[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-146 Clarify Justified Need for Transfers

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Mon May 2 17:51:46 EDT 2011

On May 2, 2011, at 2:42 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> there is no reason
> to treat transfers differently from initial allocations and assignments.

Fundamentally disagree. Policy for handing out the last of the free pool of IPv4 (which has already become much MORE restrictive, now that we are subject to the "last /8" policies) should be different than policy for approving transfer recipients. There is no reason to believe, for instance, that we are in the "last /8" of transfers. And no new entrant post-runout will spend the time and money attempting to acquire only what they can justify for a 3-month period.

Matthew Kaufman