[arin-ppml] Analogies

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon May 2 15:57:37 EDT 2011

On May 2, 2011, at 9:33 PM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 30, 2011, at 5:39 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>> I will suggest that an attempt by ARIN to charge $100/year under a
>>> contract simplified to, "We agree to keep your whois data and RDNS
>>> delegations intact as is for one year increments until either of us
>>> choose to cancel this contract" would meet with at most mild
>>> resistance from the legacy registrants. It would also, IMHO, provide
>>> an excellent way to weed out the abandoned registrations.
>>
>> That seems like a reasonable summary of the current LRSA.
>
> If counsel agrees with that assessment (he doesn't and you didn't
> check) then start summarizing and put the result in front of me,
> without all the excess baggage in the current LRSA.

Bill -

That additional language in the LRSA comes from the RSA (which
is what everyone else has agreed to to receive registry services)

If you have a suggestion for revising the RSA or LRSA, you can
send it directly to me or submit it via the ARIN Consultation
and Suggestion process[1]. Revisions to these agreements have
resulted from past suggestions.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran