[arin-ppml] Fw: Accusation of fundamental conflict ofinterest/IPaddress policy pitched directly to ICANN

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Mon May 2 14:49:08 EDT 2011

Hi David,

I appreciate what you are saying and I fear the ITU.

It would be better if the decision to allow competing registries came from
the community.
But as the community's voice is currently heard, it is filtered through the
very organizations which have a self-preservation component, and condensed
down to a very small group of individuals whose names appear as members of
the RIR boards, members of the ASO and the NRO. Essentially these are all
the same people.

Be that as it may, I am trying to participate in the process you describe,
and I have expressed that the decisionmakers, whomever they are,  should be
presented with information from all sides.
It's just that if we let ASO/NRO/RIRs  decide, the decision is a foregone
conclusion that would not appear impartial to me, anyway.

Regards,
Mike