[arin-ppml] Fw: Accusation of fundamental conflict ofinterest/IPaddress policy pitched directly to ICANN

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Mon May 2 12:48:00 EDT 2011

>Can you be more specific? The ICANN ASO? the ICANN BoT? the IANA?

Hi Tim,

Keep going, all the organizations above are suspect due to the fact that
they are all comprised of the same basic group of  RIR designees.

I would take it to NTIA like DNS.

And I would use DNS as a template for the creation of the global policy
restrictions John Curran asked about, which restrictions would apply to all
registries, regional or commercial.
Just as all DNS registrars must meet certain qualifications, so would
private registries of number space.

Let the NTIA hear arguments from the proposer and from the ASO, the ICANN
BoT, and IANA, although I suspect they will all sound the same.

Regards,

Mike