[arin-ppml] Accusation of fundamental conflict ofinterest/IPaddress policy pitched directly to ICANN

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Mon May 2 12:13:29 EDT 2011

I understand and appreciate that ARIN has faithfully fulfilled its
stewardship role, and I am in the camp of don't fix what ain't broke.

But times are changing, these issues are upon us because the promise of
gradual transition has failed and the problem of exhaust has arrived.

Some might say that public education has failed, and vouchers are a result
of that failure, but that can be debated.

What can't be debated is that the IPv6 transition has failed to proceed
gracefully, and conflict over valuable resources are bound to occur.

This issue seems to elicit analogies, and the analogies can take on a life
and argument of their own, so I shall try to refrain from them in the
future.

Regards,
Mike