[arin-ppml] Accusation of fundamental conflict of interest/IPaddress policy pitched directly to ICANN

Chris Grundemann cgrundemann at gmail.com
Mon May 2 10:21:06 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 07:27, Mike Burns <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I don't have any problems with the RIRs being heard from, just with them
> deciding.
<snip>
> So in the sense that the RIRs will be trying to protect their monopoly
> markets, they are the fox.

I am a bit confused by your use of "the RIRs" here. If you are
referring to RIR staff (the RIR as an organization); they are already
kept out of policy decision making and have no real way to "protect
their monopoly markets" through the current, long-standing, global
policy process because it is _the community_ (read: everyone who cares
enough to speak up) who gets to make those decisions, not the staff.

> And the network operators and address  holders will be the real deciders of
> registry competence.

Exactly what this forum is for - changing the registry (through
policy) to match the community's definition of competence. I highly
encourage those who would like to see changes to post their ideas
here, for discussion and consideration.

Cheers,
~Chris

--