[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-138 IPv6 Size Category Alignment

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Mar 14 22:57:05 EDT 2011

On Mar 14, 2011, at 5:32 PM, David Farmer wrote:
>> On 3/14/11 17:15 CDT, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
>> 2) How is ARIN's revenue a policy development issue?
>
> It is not directly one, however the cost of implementation is considered as part of a policies evaluation, and a reduction of revenue is a potential cost of the implementation of this policy that would have to be understood.
>
> And as I said Fees are not policy matters, but this issue entangles policy and fees in a way that I'm not sure you can completely and cleanly separate the two.

The structure of the fee schedule is a policy matter and discussion
on PPML is perfectly reasonable.

The specific fees charged for each tier or category is an ARIN
membership matter outside of the policy process and best handled
over on the arin-discuss mailing list.  Same for a general fee
increase or decrease discussion.

Hope this helps,
/John

John Curran