[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-5: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension - IAB comment

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Tue Jun 28 13:24:28 EDT 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 10:08 AM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 28, 2011, at 7:50 AM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
>>> you can see all this of course in the minutes when the proposal was discussed in v6ops.
>>> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/v6ops.txt
>>
>> Why was an IPv4 address space proposal given to v6ops?

it was given time early in the week at opsawg, and subsequently in the last meeting of v6ops.

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/minutes/opsawg.txt

> IETF v6ops could also use some help on the web side. This is a UTF-8
> document with unix end of lines being sent as text/plain with no
> charset. Unless the browser violates standards and makes a guess about
> what sort of document was sent, it comes up unreadable.
>
> Which is ironic since we're talking about protocols making (poor)
> guesses about what they can do depending on the assigned IP address.

you can google a better copy, or listen to the recording or you can complain that someone bothered to record the discussion for the purpose of producing a record.