[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-1 - Inter-RIR Transfers -Shepherd's Inquiry

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 11:11:16 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Mike Burns <mike at nationwideinc.com> wrote:

>> Mike Burns:
>>
>> Such an idea would need to be developed. Try not to dismiss out of
>> hand without any detail or discussion. I agree with you with respect
>> to a drain on the pool. I would envision a secondary pool of non
>> regional requests operationally "TBD".
>>

>> Best,
>>

> Maybe we could allow Inter-RIR transfers only through 8.3?

This could be an ASCP suggestion since we're talking more about who
the recipients are vs. how something would operate or the policy
framework. There are some hairy issues other than RIR cooperation like
member rights, voting, etc. but I'd argue those would not be extended
to out of region transfers to keep it simple and low-cost.

Hope that helps.

Best,

-M<