[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-1 - Inter-RIR Transfers - Shepherd's Inquiry

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jun 21 17:54:42 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. They have roughly 1/2 of the
> world population within their region and only 22% of the IPv4 address space.
>
> Do you mean they should be somehow penalized because they didn't
> catch on to the internet when it was first being developed in the US?
>
> Do you mean that you believe there is some reason they should not have
> any access to the nearly 6 /8s in the ARIN free pool due to some action
> on the part of the APNIC community?

Hey, I have an idea. Let's give all the remaining U.S. Federal land to
the various native American tribes. At least there our predecessors
acquired it in a manner that was wrong and surely the dual gifts of
Yellowstone and D.C. will atone for their sins.

No, on second thought let's not.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004