[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-154 Shared Space for IPv4 Address Extension (w/IETF considerations)

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sun Jul 3 18:26:41 EDT 2011

> ARIN shall advise the IETF of the /10 reserved and shall request that
> the IETF determine issues associated with using the /10 as described,
> set appropriate constraints on the use of the block and publish an RFC
> documenting the block's recommended use. ARIN shall make manpower and
> other resources available to the IETF as necessary to facilitate such
> activity.

Would anyone object if I replaced this paragraph with:

"The IETF is asked to create an RFC governing the use of the allocated
/10 for the purpose described. ARIN shall make resources, such as
manpower, available to the IETF as necessary to facilitate such
activity."

I think the original version reads a little too much like explaining
to the IETF, step by step, how to do their job. John Curran has called
me out on that, and while I disagree with his general position I do
think the text can be worded so that it is less likely to be
misinterpreted.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004