[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-155 IPv4 Number Resources for Use Within Region

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 13:19:59 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 3:00 AM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 3:24 PM, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
>> ARIN-prop-155 IPv4 Number Resources for Use Within Region
>
> Oppose as written.
>
> However, I do think Robert has identified a legitimate problem. It
> costs less than $5000/year to establish and maintain a US corporation.

I also oppose as written and agree there is a legitimate problem...
I will suggest something less strict.... eg

''
4.2.1.7 - Presence within the ARIN region

These IPv4 addresses are allowed to be issued or transferred solely
to organizations that intend  to allocate/assign all requested resources
to networks/hosts within the ARIN region,  or that  receive an AS
number from ARIN for use with networks/sites connected within the
ARIN region.

Organizations must provide ARIN with documentation and proper
technical justification showing which addresses are assigned to any
host or network outside the ARIN region,  and maintain this with the
documentation of IPv4 address utilization.

Exhaustion of IPv4 address space in other regions is not a valid
technical justification,  and no organization is eligible to be issued
or transferred resources,  if the total utilization of all ARIN assigned
resources for customers/hosts within the ARIN region  will be  5% or less.

5.
In order to be assigned an AS Number, each requesting organization
must provide ARIN with verification that it has
   one of the following:

  1. A unique routing policy (its policy differs from its border gateway peers),
      and at least two of its border gateway devices are physically
located in the ARIN region.

  2.  A multihomed site  located in the ARIN region.

''

--
-J