[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-131: Section 5.0 Legacy Addresses

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 09:05:55 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:05 AM, STARNES, CURTIS
<Curtis.Starnes at granburyisd.org> wrote:
> Thanks Bill,
> I went back and re-read this section before I received your email and picked your explanation up on the second reading.
> It makes sense, from an ISP's stand point, allocating resources rather than my just consuming resources from an end-users perspective and the differences in the yearly fees; $500.00 is not much compared to what ISP's have to pay in yearly recurring costs in ARIN fees.
>
> Thanks for the explanation.  As an end-user, the verbage that makes the resources available to members, I would be opposed to.
>
> As a normal end-user of IP address space, the wording of the prop 131 would exclude organizations like ours from being able to apply for any of the returned IPv4 resources.

I'm not positive that this is actually the problem that is being
discussed, but I'll fully explore the question and come up with
something to clarify it in version 2. The intent is that of providing
addresses to legitimate users of ARIN resources. I wouldn't get too
hung up on the language. At least not yet. Thanks for the feedback.

Best,

-M<