[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-127: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Jan 24 19:15:49 EST 2011

In message <54E900DC635DAB4DB7A6D799B3C4CD8E066EBD at PLSWM12A.ad.sprint.com>, "Ge
orge, Wes E [NTK]" writes:
> [...]

Which is why ISP's should also provision 6rd relay routers and advertise
the appropriate DHCPv4 option if they do this.  6rd should be preferred
over 6to4 by any sane CPE.  6rd can be automatically enabled safely as
you shouldn't get the option returned if it is not supported/

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org